Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to me:)

Yesterday I turned 30! I feel myself only 18, which is how old I think I really am anyway. :)
Our friends had us over for lunch and they got me a cake from "Moose is Loose" it was good!!! After dinner we had our little celebration with ice cream cake from "Cold Stone" - SWEET!!!
It is different for me to celebrate my birthday in America as in Russia we have holidays on May 1st and 2nd and then it is my birthday on May 3d:) I always had a lot of celebration before:) May 1st parade in the Soviet times and it is always a day off:) But yesterday was Sunday and we worship Jesus in church and I think it is the best way to celebrate your birthday! Thank you Jesus for my birthday as it is also a day when I was born again 11 years ago.

6 comments:

Missi said...

Happy belated birthday! I had it on my calendar but forgot to call:( Sounds like you had a great day, that cake looks super yummy!!!

Nic Ridley said...

Happy Birthday Vicka!!! Hope you had an awesome day! Your cake looks really yummy!

Also, I really like your haircut! Very full and cute!

About this blog said...

I didn't know that your spiritual birthday is the same as your physical birthday! How cool is that? I think it deserves an American parade at the church! lol

Joanna said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Joanna said...

That cake looks delicous! Can I have a bite? Just kidding! HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKA!!!!!! That is so cool that this is the same day you got saved! I hope your day was memorable!
Li

Renee said...

Happy, blessed birthday! I pray this next year will be filled with even more blessing and joy for you and your family!

Renee