Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vicka's short trip to Chukotka

On Monday I had a wonderful opportunity to go to Anadyr - the capital of Chukotka and visit some of our friends there. Three days were busy and exciting. Here are some pictures and small comments:)
I went with the group that is going to another city in Chukotka and the first night we had to spend on the airport side because of the bad weather:)
Next morning we were ready to fly on the helicopter to the Anadyr (as it is on the other side of the river)
In Anadyr I met with Mira - our sister in Christ from Provideniya who was there in the hospital (she is on the right). Mira is sick with TB which is very discouraging to her, I brought her some gifts and tried to encourage her a little. She is getting better and doctors sending her home next week, she was there since July. I also met Masha (on the left) who was a part of my outreach for the girls from the technical school in Provideniya in May and June.
Later on walking down the street Mira and I met another girl - Olya (on the right) who was in the same group of girls who we tried to reach for Christ. She told me that while in Anadyr she is going to church there and that she became a follower of Jesus and got baptized! Praise the LORD for the seeds that He planted and for His Salvation!
Olya - our new sister in Christ !
In the airport in Anadyr getting ready to fly back to Alaska.
me in the airplane
And this is what I saw when we were flying above the clouds!!! The heavens declare God's GLORY!

No comments: