Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A letter from GJ

This morning I recived an email from GJ and learn more about his life in camp:)
Here some things that he writes:
"Things are going well here, it’s pretty cold (today is warm at 12 degrees F) but nice sky. The boys that are in my room are all younger and behave pretty bad and can be a challenge. They like to fight a lot, they are good kids by themselves, but together they start getting crazy. The leader of our group is new to the whole camp counselor thing and doesn’t know how to deal with them too well, but is trying. I have a sore throat, not to bad yet, and hopefully it won’t get any worse, but I appreciate your prayers. Food is fine and the team is great. Not sleeping really well, going to be late and getting up at 7am…Also, I keep waking up several times at night and the bed is worse than the ones we slept on when we were here in ’04".
You can also check every day updates from the camp on SOAR's blog.
Todays prayer verse is 2Thess 3:1 ...that the word of the Lord would be glorified...
As I was writing this post I recived an email to pray for a girl name Ylia, pray for her soul as she is acting really strange as well as for the boy named Sergey from GJ's group. Those kids in the camp for a reason - they need Jesus!!! Lets stand in prayer together in this spiritual warfare that is going on in Russian camp!

No comments: