Monday, October 13, 2008

More of the Museum Part One

This how I usually start my tour:) I point to the Provideniya on the map and tell that it was founded in 1937 as a sea port and that there is 9 hours difference with Moscow and we are one day minus 3 hours ahead of Nome,AK. The pictures a darker then I would like them but you can see things anyway.
me
Walrus scull and double tusks walrus
This flag with Lenin made of the seal skin and randier fur and it says in Russian and Chukchi language "Lenin is our flag"
Some wall hangings made of the seal skin
Old pictures of the Eskimo and Chukchi people

2 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

These pictures are so neat Vicka! I really like the seal skins and the walrus bones!
Lalia

GJ and Vicka said...

They speak Russian. They are forgetting their own language. That is a sad thing...I think they are both Russians as they live in Russia and speack Russian and they are natives as they still live in their land and have their traditions.