Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My little prayers and God's answers

It is hard for me to write a lot in English both because I do not like to spend too much time and trying to describe what I am thinking in Russian with English words can be difficult. But I have to share with you this, so forgive me all mistakes or if you will get confused with anything...
I looked back in my journal before we went to Russia last time and on April 2 I had a big list for God of those things that I wanted to give to Him and not worry about. Here is how he answered me:
1. I asked Him for wisdom to pack only necessary clothing for the girls and take with us enough diapers, wipes, baby food and formula for Anastasia. - All the clothes I took lasted almost 5 month and Emma started to outgrow some only at the end of our stay. We had enough diapers and wipes till GJ came back from Alaska with another box and that lasted for us to the end-we didn't buy more diapers while we were in Russia and that saved us a lot of money as they cost over $1 per one diaper! Baby food and formula lasted long enough for Anastasia till she started to eat normal food and she didn't need formula anymore.

2. I asked God to help us not to spent too much money on the food that we were going to bring with us - One brother in Christ gave us several bags of dried fruits and two big cans of nuts to take with us and you know how expensive those things are!

3. I asked Him to help us to get everything that some people from Provideniya asked us for and if there was something we could not bring that it would be not a big deal - That was answered!

4.I asked God to help me to finish a scrapbook for GJ's grandparents before we leave - He helped me and I did!

5. I prayed that God will protect us from satan's attacks and protect us from the evil - He protected us in many ways.

6. I asked for help to forgive and love so others will See the Lord in us and I asked Him to help us to witness about Him - Amen!!!!

7. I asked for help to register GJ while we are there so we will not go against the rules - He got registered and we found an organisation to make him a new propusk (permission) so he could come back soon.

8. I prayed that the paperwork for our apartment will be done and that I will complete the paperwork for Anastasia's certificate - After more than 4 years of waiting we were able to finish the apartment paperwork. Praise God! I went to the organisation that supposed to give me a special paper for having another baby and they didn't like the fact that she was born in US. So I left the documents and they told me to come back in a month. I came back thinking that I need to bring more papers and the certificate was already there waiting for me!

9.I asked God to help me to bring only those books that I will need for the ministry.

10. I asked God If He wanted help my mom to come to Provideniya and see us - We wanted to go and see her this year but it would be too expensive for all of us to go there. We went to Provideniya and I asked mom if she will be willing to use her vacation and come to see us. She has a free airplane ticket and it is easier for her to come to see us then for us to go and see her. She didn't want to come to Chukotka again and I know that it was God Who changed her heart. She changed her mind and came and spent 6 wonderful weeks with us!!!

I had other needs that were related to the ministry such as:
- That God will open doors and prepare the way for us to come to Provideniya
- To start "Mom's in Touch" prayer group with ladies
- To start a Bible study with ladies as a part of Sunday school
- To do 2 special outreaches with the church ladies

You know that all that happened and God is the one Who did it. Sometimes I pray for big things and do not think that my little things like packing food and clothing matters. But God took care of my every little thing that I asked for so IT DOES MATTERS TO HIM!

2 comments:

Nic Ridley said...

What a beautiful testimony!

Nic Ridley said...

Oh! That is so exciting! God is so good to you! He really loves you and loves your ministry. This is encouraging to me, too. We all ask for things and feel silly about asking for the little things, and then we look back at all the answers and see how it builds our faith! PRAISE JESUS!